Organic Phototransistors Based on Self-Assembled Microwires of n-Type Distyrylbenzene Derivative
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Organic Phototransistors Based on Self-Assembled Microwires of n-Type Distyrylbenzene Derivative
- Lee, Yoon Ho; Shin, Dong Seon; Kim, Dong Yeong; Nam, Dongsik; Choe, Wonyoung; Hong, Sung You; Oh, Joon Hak
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ASIAN JOURNAL OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, v.7, no.11, pp.2302 - 2308
- Molecular design and crystallinity control are important issues for the development of high-performance organic optoelectronic devices. Here, a highly photo-responsive n-type organic small molecular semiconductor, (2Z,2′Z)-3,3′-(2,5-dimethoxy-1,4-phenylene)bis(2-(3,5-bis(trifluoro-methyl)phenyl)acrylonitrile) (DM-R), was synthesized and the photoelectronic properties of self-assembled DM-R microwire organic phototransistors (MW-OPTs) were studied. Significant enhancement in the electron mobility (μe) of MW-OPTs (μe: 0.16 cm2 V−1 s−1) was observed as compared to thin-film-OPTs (μe: 2.7×10−3 cm2 V−1 s−1), most likely due to the single-crystalline nature of the self-assembled MWs. Moreover, the photoresponsivity of MW-OPTs showed 23.53 (A W−1), which was 130 times higher than that of thin-film OPTs (0.18 A W−1). Furthermore, the MW-OPTs exhibited stable photoswitching properties and a faster charge accumulation/release rate than those of thin-film OPTs. The results obtained herein demonstrate a facile solution-based approach for the fabrication of high-performance n-type organic MW-OPTs and provide a systematic analysis platform of the photo-generated charge carrier dynamics.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.