Improved performance of polymer light-emitting diodes with nanocomposites
Cited 11 times inCited 11 times in
- Improved performance of polymer light-emitting diodes with nanocomposites
- Hussain, A. Mohammed; Neppolian, B.; Kim, Sun Hee; Kim, Jin Young; Choi, Hee-Chul; Lee, Kwanghee; Park, Seong-Ju; Heeger, Alan J.
- brightness; electroluminescent devices; filled polymers; gold; light emitting diodes; nanocomposites; organic-inorganic hybrid materials; polymer blends; titanium compounds
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.94, no.7, pp.1 - 3
- The characteristics of a hybrid polymer light-emitting diode (HPLED) with an active layer of poly [2-methoxy,5-(2-ethylhexoxy)-1,4-phenylenevinylene] blended with Au-capped TiO(2) nanocomposites are reported. Both the increased current in the active layer and low turn-on voltage were attributed to incorporation of Au-capped TiO(2) in the electroluminescent polymer. The maximal brightness of 11 630 cd/m(2) was observed in HPLED with a 1:1 ratio of Au-capped TiO(2). The enhanced performance was attributed to the roughness assisted charge transport induced by the Au-capped TiO(2) nanocomposites in the active polymer.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.