Surface-Wave Based Model for Estimation of Discontinuity Depth in Concrete
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Surface-Wave Based Model for Estimation of Discontinuity Depth in Concrete
- Ahn, Eunjong; Kim, Hyunjun; Sim, Sung-Han; Shin, Sung Woo; Popovics, John S.; Shin, Myoungsu
- surface-wave transmission; self-calibrating measurement; spectral energy transmission ratio; crack depth estimation model
- Issue Date
- MDPI AG
- SENSORS, v.18, no.9, pp.2793 -
- In this paper, we propose an accurate and practical model for the estimation of surface-breaking discontinuity (i.e., crack) depth in concrete through quantitative characterization of surface-wave transmission across the discontinuity. The effects of three different mixture types (mortar, normal strength concrete, and high strength concrete) and four different simulated crack depths on surface-wave transmission were examined through experiments carried out on lab-scale concrete specimens. The crack depth estimation model is based on a surface-wave spectral energy approach that is capable of taking into account a wide range of wave frequencies. The accuracy of the proposed crack depth estimation model is validated by root mean square error analysis of data from repeated spectral energy transmission ratio measurements for each specimen.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.