Binder-free hybrid Li4Ti5O12 anode for high performance lithium-ion batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Binder-free hybrid Li4Ti5O12 anode for high performance lithium-ion batteries
- Lim, Ji-Eun; Kim, Jeha; Kim, Youngsik; Kim, Jae-Kwang
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.282, pp.270 - 275
- We have developed a new binder-free hybrid anode material for lithium-ion batteries, by directly coating spinel Li4Ti5O12 particles using in-situ polymerization of styrenesulfonate (SS) to form a core-shell structure. The resulting hybrid anode has significantly improved electrochemical performance, with higher reversible capacity, rate-capability, and capacity value compared with pure Li4Ti5O12. Of the initial discharge capacity of 239.2 mAh g(-1), 95.6% was retained after 100 cycles at 0.1 C-rate. The high cycle performance with increased discharge capacity is attributed to the coated poly (styrenesulfonate) (PSS) shell, which takes part in lithium ion storage and prevents the growth of a solid electrolyte interface (SEI) layer. The fast electron transfer in PSS also allows high rate-capability. Moreover, we clarify the contribution of carbon conductor in the range of 0.01 V-1.0V.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.