Enhanced Multistage Differential Transform Method: Application to the Population Models
Cited 4 times inCited 5 times in
- Enhanced Multistage Differential Transform Method: Application to the Population Models
- Do, Younghae; Jang, Bongsoo
- Issue Date
- HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORPORATION
- ABSTRACT AND APPLIED ANALYSIS, v.2012, pp.1 - 14
- We present an efficient computational algorithm, namely, the enhanced multistage differential transform method (E-MsDTM) for solving prey-predator systems. Since the differential transform method (DTM) is based on the Taylor series, it is difficult to obtain accurate approximate solutions in large domain. To overcome this difficulty, the multistage differential transform method (MsDTM) has been introduced and succeeded to have reliable approximate solutions for many problems. In MsDTM, it is the key to update an initial condition in each subdomain. The standard MsDTM utilizes the approximate solution directly to assign the new initial value. Because of local convergence of the Taylor series, the error is accumulated in a large domain. In E-MsDTM, we propose the new technique to update an initial condition by using integral operator. To demonstrate efficiency of the proposed method, several numerical tests are performed and compared with ones obtained by other numerical methods such as MsDTM, multistage variational iteration method (MVIM), and fourth-order Runge-Kutta method (RK4).
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.