Asymptotic analysis for the 3D primitive equations in a channel
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Asymptotic analysis for the 3D primitive equations in a channel
- Hamouda, Makram; Jung, Chang-Yeol; Temam, Roger
- Boundary layers; Primitive equations; Singular perturbation analysis
- Issue Date
- AMER INST MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
- DISCRETE AND CONTINUOUS DYNAMICAL SYSTEMS - SERIES S, v.6, no.2, pp.401 - 422
- In this article, we give an asymptotic expansion, with respect to the viscosity which is considered here to be small, of the solutions of the 3D linearized Primitive Equations (EPs) in a channel with lateral periodicity. A rigorous convergence result, in some physically relevant space, is proven. This allows, among other consequences, to confirm the natural choice of the non- local boundary conditions for the non-viscous PEs.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.