Application Characteristic-based Divided Scheduling for Multicore Systems
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Application Characteristic-based Divided Scheduling for Multicore Systems
- Other Titles
- 멀티코어 시스템을 위한 어플리케이션 특성 기반 분리 스케줄링
- Park, Jung Kyu; Kim, Jaeho
- Issue Date
- 한국컴퓨터정보학회논문지, v.22, no.6, pp.9 - 16
- In this paper, we proposed a novel user-level scheduling scheme that monitors applications characteristics on-line using PMU and allocates applications into cpu cores. We utilize PMU (Performance Monitoring Unit) to analyze which shared resource has the strongest relation with the influence. Using the proposed scheduling method, it is possible to reduce the contention of shared resources. The key idea of this scheme is separating high-influential applications into different processors. The evaluation results have shown that the proposed scheduling scheme can enhance the performance up to 12% for a 8 core system and up to 25% for a 28 core system, respectively.
Appears in Collections:
- ETC_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.