Competition-free second harmonic mode THz orbital angular momentum gyrotron with dual-mode operation by a perturbed cavity
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Competition-free second harmonic mode THz orbital angular momentum gyrotron with dual-mode operation by a perturbed cavity
- Sawant, Ashwini; Choi, EunMi
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- PHYSICS OF PLASMAS, v.24, no.11, pp.113109
- We propose a dual-mode orbital angular momentum (OAM) scheme at 400 GHz that uses a gyrotron. A conventional gyrotron with two modes of operation has a second harmonic resonance that competes with the fundamental mode. We used a perturbed cavity to reduce the fundamental mode competition in a second harmonic gyrotron by allowing higher-order axial mode operation. Based on a simulation using an in-house self-consistent gyrotron code, we demonstrated that the operating dual second harmonic modes TE6,4(+)/TE12,2(+) of the OAM source in the perturbed cavity at around 400 GHz can be excited without competition from the fundamental mode TE4,2(+). Published by AIP Publishing.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.