Effects of impurity adsorption on topological surface states of Bi2Te3
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Effects of impurity adsorption on topological surface states of Bi2Te3
- Shati, Khaqan; Farhan, M. Arshad; Chandrasekaran, S. Selva; Shim, Ji Hoon; Lee, Geunsik
- Issue Date
- EPL ASSOCIATION
- EPL, v.119, no.4, pp.47001
- Electronic structures of Bi2Te3 with adsorption of Rb, In, Ga and Au atoms are studied by using the first-principle method, focusing on the effect of non-magnetic impurities on the topologically protected surface states. Upon monolayer formation, the bulk conduction band is moved down to the Fermi level with a significant Rashba splitting due to n-doping behavior with band modification details depending on the adatom chemistry. Our study shows the robustness of the intrinsic spin-momentum coupled surface band and emergence of a new similar one, which could provide helpful insight for developing novel spintronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.