Partition of unity isogeometric analysis of two dimensional elliptic singular perturbation problems
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Partition of unity isogeometric analysis of two dimensional elliptic singular perturbation problems
- Jang, Bongsoo; Kim, Hyunju; Oh, Hae-Soo; Kim, Sinae
- Issue Date
- COMPUTATIONAL MECHANICS, v.58, no.6, pp.1019 - 1038
- The design basis functions on the reference domain in IGA are diversified and enhanced by extra enrichment functions and various local refinements with the use of partition of unity (PU) function with flat-top. These reconditioned and modified basis functions are pushed forward to the physical domain by the original design mapping for analysis. With this method, the corresponding stiffness matrix has a small bandwidth and local refinement is simple. Moreover, we construct the PU functions in the reference domain and then move them to a physical domain through a geometric mapping to be used for the generation of global basis functions on a physical domain. Therefore, we also have several advantages in calculating stiffness matrices and load vectors. Here we apply this method to various boundary layer problems.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.