Magnetoelectric Coupling through the Spin Flop Transition in Ni3TeO6
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Magnetoelectric Coupling through the Spin Flop Transition in Ni3TeO6
- Yokosuk, M.O.; al-Wahish, Amal; Artyukhin, Sergey; O'Neal, K.R.; Mazumdar, D.; Chen, P.; Yang, Junjie; Oh, Yoon Seok; McGill, Stephen A.; Haule, K.; Cheong, Sang-Wook; Vanderbilt, David; Musfeldt, J.L.
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.117, pp.147402
- We combined high field optical spectroscopy and first principles calculations to analyze the electronic structure of Ni3TeO6 across the 53 K and 9 T magnetic transitions, both of which are accompanied by large changes in electric polarization. The color properties are sensitive to magnetic order due to field-induced changes in the crystal field environment, with those around Ni1 and Ni2 most affected. These findings advance the understanding of magnetoelectric coupling in materials in which magnetic 3d centers coexist with nonmagnetic heavy chalcogenide cations.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.