A Survey on Visual Analysis Approaches for Financial Data
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A Survey on Visual Analysis Approaches for Financial Data
- Other Titles
- Ko, Sungahn; Cho, Isaac; Afzad, Shehzad; Yau, Calvin; Chae, Junghoon; Malik, Abish; Beck, Kaethe; Jang, Yun; Ebert, David S.; Ribarsky, William
- Issue Date
- COMPUTER GRAPHICS FORUM, v.35, no.3, pp.559 - 617
- Real-time microblogs can be utilized to provide situational awareness during emergency and disaster events. However, the utilization of these datasets requires the decision makers to perform their exploration and analysis across a range of data scales from local to global, while maintaining a cohesive thematic context of the transition between the different granularity levels. The exploration of different information dimensions at the varied data and human scales remains to be a non-trivial task. To this end, we present a visual analytics situational awareness environment that supports the real-time exploration of microblog data across multiple scales of analysis. We classify microblogs based on a fine-grained, crisis-related categorization approach, and visualize the spatiotemporal evolution of multiple categories by coupling a spatial lens with a glyph-based visual design. We propose a transparency-based spatial context preserving technique that maintains a smooth transition between different spatial scales. To evaluate our system, we conduct user studies and provide domain expert feedback.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.