Robust room temperature valley polarization in monolayer and bilayer WS2
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Robust room temperature valley polarization in monolayer and bilayer WS2
- Nayak,Pramoda K.; Lin, Fan-Cheong; Yeh, Chao-Hui; Huang, Jer-Shing; Chiu, Po-Wen
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- NANOSCALE, v.8, no.11, pp.6035 - 6042
- We report robust room temperature valley polarization in chemical-vapor-deposition (CVD) grown monolayer and bilayer WS2via polarization-resolved photoluminescence measurements using excitation below the bandgap. We show that excitation with energy slightly below the bandgap of the multi-valleyed transition metal chalcogenides can effectively suppress the random redistribution of excited electrons and, thereby, greatly enhance the efficiency of valley polarization at room temperature. Compared to mechanically exfoliated WS2, our CVD grown WS2 films also show enhancement in the coupling of spin, layer and valley degree of freedom and, therefore, provide improved valley polarization. At room temperature, using below-bandgap excitation and CVD grown monolayer and bilayer WS2, we have reached a record-high valley polarization of 35% and 80%, respectively, exceeding the previously reported values of 10% and 65% for mechanically exfoliated WS2 layers using resonant excitation. This observation provides a new direction to enhance valley control at room temperature. © 2016 The Royal Society of Chemistry
- Appears in Collections:
- ETC_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.