Multi-aspect visual analytics on large-scale high-dimensional cyber security data
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Multi-aspect visual analytics on large-scale high-dimensional cyber security data
- Chen, Victor Y.; Razip, Ahmad M.; Ko, Sungahn; Qian, Cheryl Z.; Ebert, David S.
- Interactive visual analytics; semantic zooming; pixel oriented; multivariate visualization; geospatial analysis; interaction design
- Issue Date
- SAGE PUBLICATIONS LTD
- INFORMATION VISUALIZATION, v.14, no.1, pp.62 - 75
- In this article, we present a visual analytics system, SemanticPrism, which aims to analyze large-scale highdimensional cyber security datasets containing logs of a million computers. SemanticPrism visualizes the data from three different perspectives: spatiotemporal distribution, overall temporal trends, and pixel-based IP (Internet Protocol) address blocks. With each perspective, we use semantic zooming to present more detailed information. The interlinked visualizations and multiple levels of detail allow us to detect unexpected changes taking place in different dimensions of the data and to identify potential anomalies in the network. After comparing our approach to other submissions, we outline potential paths for future improvement. Copyright © 2013 The Author(s).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.