Hyperon puzzle of neutron stars with Skyrme force models
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Hyperon puzzle of neutron stars with Skyrme force models
- Lim, Yeunhwan; Hyun, Chang Ho; Kwak, Kyujin; Lee, Chang-Hwan
- Issue Date
- WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBL CO PTE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MODERN PHYSICS E-NUCLEAR PHYSICS, v.24, no.12, pp.1550100
- We consider the so-called hyperon puzzle of neutron star (NS). We employ Skyrme force models for the description of in-medium nucleon-nucleon (NN), nucleon-Lambda hyperon (N Lambda) and Lambda-Lambda (Lambda Lambda) interactions. A phenomenological finite-range force (FRF) for the Lambda Lambda interaction is considered as well. Equation of state (EoS) of NS matter is obtained in the framework of density functional theory, and Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff (TOV) equations are solved to obtain the mass-radius relations of NSs. It has been generally known that the existence of hyperons in the NS matter is not well supported by the recent discovery of large-mass NSs (M similar or equal to 2 M-circle dot) since hyperons make the EoS softer than the one without them. For the selected interaction models, N Lambda interactions reduce the maximum mass of NS by about 30%, while Lambda Lambda interactions can give about 10% enhancement. Consequently, we find that some Skyrme force models predict the maximum mass of NS consistent with the observation of 2 M-circle dot NSs, and at the same time satisfy observationally constrained mass-radius relations.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.