Cyanoacetic acid tethered thiophene for well-matched LUMO level in Ru(II)-terpyridine dye sensitized solar cells
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Cyanoacetic acid tethered thiophene for well-matched LUMO level in Ru(II)-terpyridine dye sensitized solar cells
- Vincent Joseph, Kanniyambatti Lourdusamy; Anthonysamy, Arockiam; Easwaramoorthi, Ramasamy; Shinde, Dipak Vijaykumar; Ganapathy, Veerappan; Karthikeyan, Subramaniyam; Lee, Jinwoo; Park, Taiho; Rhee, Shi-Woo; Kim, Kwang S.; Kim, Jin Kon
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- DYES AND PIGMENTS, v.126, pp.270 - 278
- We synthesized two new terpyridine based Ru sensitizers (SY-01 and SY-02) with the lowest unoccupied molecular orbital (LUMO) levels of these two dyes are well-matched with that of the black dye (N749). Both sensitizers capable of exhibiting metal-to-ligand charge transfer band show a higher molar extinction coefficients (epsilon similar to 5.0-6.8 x 10(3) M-1 cm(-1)) than that (4.2 x 10(3) M-1 cm(-1)) of N749 because of the enhanced absorption arising from thiophene moiety. Density functional theory calculations reveal that LUMOs of SY-01 and SY-02 are distributed over the terpyridine and thienyl moieties. The excited state oxidation potentials, E-ox(o)*, obtained by the electrochemical studies, range from -0.98 to -0.96 V, are sufficiently more negative than the conduction band edge of the TiO2 electrode (ca. -0.5 V). The increased conjugation conferred to SY-01 and SY-02 dyes through Tu-expansion by thiophene moiety increases light-harvesting and energy conversion efficiency in comparison with N749.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.