Boundary layer analysis of nonlinear reaction-diffusion equations in a smooth domain
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Boundary layer analysis of nonlinear reaction-diffusion equations in a smooth domain
- Jung, Chang-Yeol; Park, Eunhee; Temam, Roger
- Issue Date
- WALTER DE GRUYTER GMBH
- ADVANCES IN NONLINEAR ANALYSIS, v.6, no.3, pp.277 - 300
- In this article, we consider a singularly perturbed nonlinear reaction-diffusion equation whose solutions display thin boundary layers near the boundary of the domain. We fully analyse the singular behaviours of the solutions at any given order with respect to the small parameter epsilon, with suitable asymptotic expansions consisting of the outer solutions and of the boundary layer correctors. The systematic treatment of the nonlinear reaction terms at any given order is novel along the singular perturbation analysis. We believe that the analysis can be suitably extended to other nonlinear problems.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.