Synthesis of Liquid Crystalline Rod-Coil Dimers based on Poly(propylene oxide) Coil
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Synthesis of Liquid Crystalline Rod-Coil Dimers based on Poly(propylene oxide) Coil
- Cho, Byoung-Ki; Ryu, Ja-Hyoung; Ziin, Wang-Cheol; Lee, Myongsoo
- Issue Date
- POLYMER BULLETIN, v.44, no.4, pp.393 - 400
- The synthesis and characterization of 4-[poly(propyleneoxy)propyloxy]-4'-bis[4-decyloxycarbonylbiphenyl-4'-biphenylcarboxylate] with poly(propylene oxide) coil of seven (dimer-7), twelve (dimer-12), seventeen (dimer-17), twenty one (dimer-21) are described. Dimer-7 with short length of poly(propylene oxide) coil exhibits successively smectic C, smectic A and nematic mesophases, while dimer-12 and dimer-17 with longer lengths of coils exhibit a bicontinuous cubic mesophase with Ia3d symmetry. Further increasing the length of coil, as in the case of dimer-21, suppresses liquid crystallinity.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.