Fabrication of Bulk Amorphous Alloy Sheets by Strip Casting
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Fabrication of Bulk Amorphous Alloy Sheets by Strip Casting
- Lee, Jung Gu; Park, Sung Soo; Lee, Sang Bok; Chung, HT; Kim, Nack Joon
- Bulk amorphous alloy; Sheet; Strip casting
- Issue Date
- Trans Tech Publications
- Journal of Metastable and Nanocrystalline Materials, v.24-25, no., pp.371 - 374
- A study has been made to fabricate the bulk amorphous alloy sheets by strip casting. Simulation of the solidification behavior of the Zr-base amorphous forming alloy during strip casting shows that fast enough cooling rate can be achieved by strip casting to form amorphous structure through the thickness of sheet. Two alloys with different glass forming abilities were subjected to actual strip casting, which shows that both Zr-base alloy with high GFA and Cu-base alloy with much less GFA can be strip cast forming amorphous structure. The results indicate that the strip casting is a viable process for continuous fabrication of sheets of bulk amorphous alloys with a wide range of critical cooling rates.
- 10.4028/www.scientific.net/JMNM. 24-25.371
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.