Denoising in the lapped transform domain
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Denoising in the lapped transform domain
- Yang, Seungjoon; Nguyen, Truong Q.
- Discrete cosine transform
- Issue Date
- IEEE ICASSP : International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, pp.173 - 176
- In this paper, we extend the results of the denoising in the wavelet domain to the lapped transform (LT) domain. The LT coefficients are rearranged into the octave based representation, and their statistics are modeled by the same methods as the wavelet coefficients. Since the part of the LT that follows the discrete cosine transform (DCT) is orthogonal, the problem of removing the quantization noise introduced in the DCT based codecs can be solved in the LT domain. The maximum a posteriori (MAP) estimator is obtained, which provides a novel approach to the image compression artifact reduction problem. The proposed method removes the additive noise and the quantization noise effectively with the significant improvement of image quality.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Conference Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.