Overall Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting using Tandem Cell under Simulated Sunlight
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Overall Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting using Tandem Cell under Simulated Sunlight
- Kim, Jin Hyun; Kaneko, Hiroyuki; Minegishi, Tsutomu; Kubota, Jun; Domen, Kazunari; Lee, Jae Sung
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CHEMSUSCHEM, v.9, no.1, pp.61 - 66
- A stand-alone photoelectrochemical (PEC) water-splitting system driven only by sunlight was demonstrated with a tandem-scheme of Pt/CdS/CuGa3Se5/(Ag,Cu)GaSe2 photocathode and NiOOH/FeOOH/Mo:BiVO4 photoanode in a neutral phosphate buffer solution as an electrolyte. The as-prepared semi-transparent Mo:BiVO4 layer allows sunlight to pass through the top photoanode and reach the bottom photocathode. Consequently, the tandem cell showed stoichiometric hydrogen and oxygen evolution with a solar-to-hydrogen (STH) conversion efficiency of 0.67% over 2h without degradation. The stability and STH efficiency are the highest among similar configuration of PEC tandem cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.