Post-polymerization modification of poly(vinyl ether)s: A Ru-catalyzed oxidative synthesis of poly(vinyl ester)s and poly(propenyl ester)s
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Post-polymerization modification of poly(vinyl ether)s: A Ru-catalyzed oxidative synthesis of poly(vinyl ester)s and poly(propenyl ester)s
- Liu, Di; Bielawski, Christopher W.
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- POLYMER CHEMISTRY, v.7, no.1, pp.63 - 68
- Poly(vinyl ester)s were readily prepared via a ruthenium catalyzed C-H oxidation of the corresponding poly(vinyl ether)s under mild conditions. The transformations were efficient and in many cases proceeded without significant chain cleavage. The method was also successfully used to prepare high molecular weight poly(propenyl ester) for the first time as well as a polyester with a relatively high content (>50%) of γ-butyrolactone repeat unit from poly(tetrahydrofuran). The polymeric products were characterized via FT-IR spectroscopy, NMR spectroscopy, gel permeation chromatography, and other techniques.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.