Multilayer piezoelectric haptic actuator with CuO-modified PZT-PZNN ceramics
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Multilayer piezoelectric haptic actuator with CuO-modified PZT-PZNN ceramics
- Seo, In-Tae; Lee, Tae-Gon; Kim, Dae-Hyeon; Hur, Joon; Kim, Jong-Hyun; Nahm, Sahn; Ryu, Jungho; Choi, Byung-Yul
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- SENSORS AND ACTUATORS A-PHYSICAL, v.238, pp.71 - 79
- A piezoelectric haptic actuator composed of a multilayered ceramic (MLC) of 0.5 mol% CuO-modified 0.69Pb(Zr0.47Ti0.53)O-3-0.31[Pb(Zn0.4Ni0.6)(1/3)Nb-2/3]O-3 (0.5CPZT-PZNN) ceramic was developed and characterized. The 0.5CPZT-PZNN ceramic was well-sintered at 900 degrees C. This ceramic showed a small epsilon(T)33/epsilon(0) of 1801 and a large d(33) of 570 pC/N, necessary characteristics for high-performance actuators operating at low voltages. This ceramic also showed a high field-induced strain, maintained after 10(6) fatigue cycles. A three-layer MLC was synthesized at 900 degrees C using this ceramic. Ag metal was used as the electrode for the MLC actuator. No inter diffusion between the Ag electrode and the 0.5CPZT-PZNN ceramic layer was observed. The MLC actuator exhibited a high free stroke of 300 +/-mu m even after 10(6) bending cycles. The piezoelectric haptic actuator fabricated using this MLC showed a large vibration acceleration of 2.1 G with a low capacitance of 20 nF. This demonstrates the suitability of the 0.5CPZT-PZNN ceramic for applications in piezoelectric haptic actuator.reserved
- Appears in Collections:
- ETC_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.