Experimental and numerical assessment of bonded and unbonded post-tensioned concrete members
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Experimental and numerical assessment of bonded and unbonded post-tensioned concrete members
- Kang, Thomas H.-K.; Huang, Yu; Shin, Myoungsu; Lee, Ju Dong; Cho A.S.
- Issue Date
- AMER CONCRETE INST
- ACI STRUCTURAL JOURNAL, v.112, no.6, pp.735 - 748
- A post-tensioned (PT) concrete member can be reinforced with either bonded or unbonded prestressing tendons. The bond condition of tendons may influence the flexural and shear performance of various types of PT concrete members. The main purpose of this study is to provide a direct comparison between members with the two different tendon systems and assess their structural performance in depth. To accomplish this, previously tested PT beams, one-way slabs, and slab-column connections are reexamined, and detailed nonlinear finite element analyses are conducted using the developed modeling techniques. A series of test results verifies that the developed model is reliable for both bonded and unbonded PT members. The results of the prior experimental and current numerical studies are used for better understanding the behavior of bonded and unbonded PT members.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.