Selective CO production by Au coupled ZnTe/ZnO in the photoelectrochemical CO2 reduction system
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Selective CO production by Au coupled ZnTe/ZnO in the photoelectrochemical CO2 reduction system
- Jang, Youn Jeong; Jang, Ji-Wook; Lee, Jaehyuk; Kim, Ju Hun; Kumagai, Hiromu; Lee, Jinwoo; Minegishi, Tsutomu; Kubota, Jun; Domen, Kazunari; Lee, Jae Sung
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, v.8, no.12, pp.3597 - 3604
- A gold-coupled ZnTe/ZnO-nanowire array is a new photocathode for selective CO2 reduction to CO. At -0.7 VRHE under simulated 1 sun illumination, its photocurrent (-16.0 mA cm-2) and incident photon-to-current conversion efficiency (97%) represent the highest among reported ZnTe photocathodes for CO2 reduction and dramatic enhancement from those of a bare electrode (-7.9 mA cm-2, 68%). In addition, the Au nanoparticles convert mainly-hydrogen-producing bare ZnTe/ZnO-nanowires into mainly-CO-producing photocathodes in photoelectrochemical CO2 reduction. The remarkable effects of the Au co-catalyst originate from the formation of a Schottky junction with ZnTe to improve charge separation and to provide reaction centers for CO2 reduction suppressing competing water reduction.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.