On extensions of wavelet systems to dual pairs of frames
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- On extensions of wavelet systems to dual pairs of frames
- Christensen, Ole; Kim, Hongoh; Kim, Rae Young
- Issue Date
- ADVANCES IN COMPUTATIONAL MATHEMATICS, v.42, no.2, pp.489 - 503
- It is an open problem whether any pair of Bessel sequences with wavelet structure can be extended to a pair of dual frames by adding a pair of singly generated wavelet systems. We consider the particular case where the given wavelet systems are generated by the multiscale setup with trigonometric masks and provide a positive answer under extra assumptions. We also identify a number of conditions that are necessary for the extension to dual (multi-) wavelet frames with any number of generators, and show that they imply that an extension with two pairs of wavelet systems is possible. Along the way we provide examples that demonstrate the extra flexibility in the extension to dual pairs of frames compared with the more popular extensions to tight frames.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.