System Development and Performance Testing of a W-Band Gyrotron
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- System Development and Performance Testing of a W-Band Gyrotron
- Kim, Sung Gug; Sawant, Ashwini; Lee, Ingeun; Kim, Dongsung; Choe, MunSeok; Won, Jong-Hyo; Kim, Jungho; So, Joonho; Jang, Won; Choi, EunMi
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF INFRARED MILLIMETER AND TERAHERTZ WAVES, v.37, no.3, pp.209 - 229
- A high-power W-band gyrotron has been designed and performance tested in Korea, with an output power in the range of tens of kilowatts. The gyrotron consists of a diode-type electron gun operating at 40 kV, a TE6,2 mode interaction cavity, and a mode converter for producing a highly Gaussian output mode beam. Presented here are the detailed component design procedure and the experimental results of the gyrotron's performance evaluation. A maximum power of 62 kW was achieved with an efficiency of 22 %, and a highly Gaussian output beam was observed. The gyrotron's output beam is analyzed, and its transmission through an oversized waveguide is discussed. This gyrotron is the first gyrotron developed in Korea with high power greater than 10 kW and high frequency greater than 90 GHz.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.