Catalytic Dynamics and Oxygen Diffusion in Doped PrBaCo2O5.5+δ Thin Films
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Catalytic Dynamics and Oxygen Diffusion in Doped PrBaCo2O5.5+δ Thin Films
- Enriquez, Erik; Xu, Xing; Bao, Shanyong; Harrell, Zach; Chen, Chonglin; Choi, Sihyuk; Jun, Areum; Kim, Guntae; Whangbo, Myung-Hwan
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.7, no.43, pp.24353 - 24359
- The Sr and Fe codoped double perovskites PrBaCo2O5.5+delta (PrBCO) thin films of Pr(Ba0.5Sr0.5)(Co1.5Fe0.5)O5.5+delta (PBSCFO) were epitaxially grown for chemical catalytic studies. The resistance behavior of PBSCFO epitaxial films was monitored under the switching flow of reducing and oxidizing gases as a function of the gas flow time, t, using an electrical conductivity relaxation (ECR) experimental setup. The R(t) vs t relationships determined at various temperatures show the occurrence of two oxidation processes, Co2+/Co3+ <-> Co3+ and Co3+ <-> Co3+/Co4+. Mathematical fitting of the observed R(t) vs t relationships was carried out using Fick's second law for one-dimensional diffusion of charge carriers to derive the diffusivity D(T) and tau(T) for the two processes at various temperatures, T. The D(T) vs T relationships were analyzed in terms of the Arrhenius relationship to find the activation energies E-a for each process. Oscillations in the dR(t)/dt plots, observed under oxidation reactions, were discussed in terms of a layer-by-layer oxygen vacancy exchange diffusion mechanism. Our work suggests that thin films of LnBCO (Ln = lanthanide) with their A and B sites doped as in PBSCFO are excellent candidates for the development of low or intermediate temperature energy conversion devices and gas sensor applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.