One-Pot Defunctionalization of Lignin-Derived Compounds by Dual-Functional Pd50Ag50/Fe3O4/N-rGO Catalyst
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- One-Pot Defunctionalization of Lignin-Derived Compounds by Dual-Functional Pd50Ag50/Fe3O4/N-rGO Catalyst
- Singh, Ajay K.; Jang, Seungwook; Kim, Jae Yul; Sharma, Siddharth; Basavaraju, K.C; Kim, Min-Gyu; Kim, Kyung-Rok; Lee, Jae Sung; Lee, Hong H.; Kim, Dong-Pyo
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS CATALYSIS, v.5, no.11, pp.6964 - 6972
- Generation of hydrogen from renewable sources and its safe utilization for efficient one-pot upgrading of renewable biofuels are a challenge. Bimetallic PdAg catalyst supported on Fe3O4/nitrogen-doped reduced graphene oxide (N-rGO) were synthesized for hydrogen generation from formic acid with high TOF (497 h(-1) at 50 degrees C), and the hydrogen was subsequently utilized in situ for selective defunctionalization of lignin-derived chemicals with preserved aromatic nature at ambient pressure. Hydrodeoxygenation of aromatic aldehydes and ketones gave excellent yields (99% at 130 degrees C) with no use of additives. Furthermore, hydrogenolysis of beta-O-4 and alpha-O-4 C-O model compounds produced only two products with high selectivity at 120 degrees C, which is an efficient and versatile one-pot platform for valorization of lignin biomass.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.