Turn-On Ratiometric Fluorescent Probe for Selective Discrimination of Cr3+ from Fe3+ in Aqueous Media for Living Cell Imaging
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Turn-On Ratiometric Fluorescent Probe for Selective Discrimination of Cr3+ from Fe3+ in Aqueous Media for Living Cell Imaging
- Rasheed, Lubna; Yousuf, Muhammad; Youn, Il Seung; Yoon, Taeseung; Kim, KwangYoun; Seo, Young Kyo; Shi, Genggongwo; Saleh, Muhammad; Hur, Jin-Hoe; Kim, Kwang S.
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CHEMISTRY-A EUROPEAN JOURNAL, v.21, no.46, pp.16349 - 16353
- Pyrene-based turn-on ratiometric fluorescent probe 1 demonstrates high sensitivity and exceptional selectivity toward Cr3+ in the presence of other metals, including Fe3+ in aqueous media. Interaction of Cr3+ with probe 1 brings pyrene moieties close enough to have better aligned - stacking, thus enhancing the excimer peak many fold. On the other hand, the interaction of Fe3+ with probe 1 brings forth a negligible difference in stacking, resulting in an insignificant change in fluorescence intensity. Exceptional selectivity of probe 1 with Cr3+ over Fe3+ and other metals has been confirmed by theoretical studies in addition to experimental results. Imaging of HeLa cells observed by confocal fluorescence microscopy reveals that probe 1 can be used to monitor Cr3+ in live cells to map its subcellular distribution.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.