Highly durable and unidirectionally stooped polymeric nanohairs for gecko-like dry adhesive
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Highly durable and unidirectionally stooped polymeric nanohairs for gecko-like dry adhesive
- Im, Hyeon Seong; Kwon, Ki Yoon; Kim, Jong Uk; Kim, Kwang Su; Yi, Hoon; Yoo, Pil J.; Pang, Changhyun; Jeong, Hoon Eui; Kim, Tae-il
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.26, no.41, pp.415301
- Gecko-like dry adhesive using high aspect ratio polymeric nanohairs has insuperable limitations, although it has huge potential in many applications. Repeated harsh contacts on a target substrate lead to physical collapse of nanohairs and significant degradation of the adhesion property, because the polymeric nanohairs are quite fragile due to poor mechanical robustness. Herein, we demonstrate a highly robust gecko-like dry adhesive with unidirectionally stooped polymeric nanohairs (diameter 100 nm) with a high aspect ratio (similar to 9) using an ultrathin metal coating. 100 cycles of repeated adhesion tests with 1 N preloading force did not significantly degrade adhesion or cause collapse of nanohairs. We believe that this approach allows gecko-like dry adhesive to be utilized in many related applications and diverse industry interests
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.