Convergence analysis of two-node CMFD method for two-group neutron diffusion eigenvalue problem
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Convergence analysis of two-node CMFD method for two-group neutron diffusion eigenvalue problem
- Jeong, Yongjin; Park, Jinsu; Lee, Hyun Chul; Lee, Deokjung
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS, v.302, pp.239 - 250
- In this paper, the nonlinear coarse-mesh finite difference method with two-node local problem (CMFD2N) is proven to be unconditionally stable for neutron diffusion eigenvalue problems. The explicit current correction factor (CCF) is derived based on the two-node analytic nodal method (ANM2N), and a Fourier stability analysis is applied to the linearized algorithm. It is shown that the analytic convergence rate obtained by the Fourier analysis compares very well with the numerically measured convergence rate. It is also shown that the theoretical convergence rate is only governed by the converged second harmonic buckling and the mesh size. It is also noted that the convergence rate of the CCF of the CMFD2N algorithm is dependent on the mesh size, but not on the total problem size. This is contrary to expectation for eigenvalue problem. The novel points of this paper are the analytical derivation of the convergence rate of the CMFD2N algorithm for eigenvalue problem, and the convergence analysis based on the analytic derivations.
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.