Syntheses and solar cell applications of conjugated copolymers consisting of 3,3 '-dicarboximide and benzodithiophene units with thiophene and bithiophene linkage
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Syntheses and solar cell applications of conjugated copolymers consisting of 3,3 '-dicarboximide and benzodithiophene units with thiophene and bithiophene linkage
- Kim, Jinwoo; Kim, Taehyo; Bang, Su Yeon; Kim, Juae; Shim, Joo Young; Kim, Il; Park, Song Yi; Chun, Ho Hwan; Kim, Jin Young; Suh, Hongsuk
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SOLAR ENERGY MATERIALS AND SOLAR CELLS, v.141, pp.24 - 31
- Novel conjugated copolymers consisting of bis(2-octyldodecyloxy)benzo[1,2-b:3,4-b]dithiophene (BDT) and N-alkyl-2,2'-bithiophene-3,3'-dicarboximide (BTI) with thiophene and bithiophene linkages have been synthesized and evaluated in bulk heterojunction solar cell. BDT, BTI and thiophene (or bithiophene) units were incorporated using Stille polymerization to generate poly(5-dodecyl-3-(2-thienyl)-4H-dithieno[3,2-c:2,3-e]azepine-4,6(5H)-dione-co-4,8-di(2-octyldodecyloxy)benzo[1,2-b;3,4-b]dithiophene) (P1, P2 and P3) and poly(5-dodecyl-3-di(thien-2-yl)-4H-dithieno[3,2-c:2,3-e]azepine-4,6(5H)-dione-co-4,8-di(2-octyldodecyloxy)benzo[1,2-b:3,4-b]dithiophene) (P4, P5 and P6). The BTI unit, as the electron deficient moeity, and the BDT-thiophene (or bithiophene) unit, as the electron rich moeity, have been applied for the efficient intramolecular charge transfer. The introduction of thiophene or bithiophene unit improved power conversion efficiency (PCE) of the OPVs. The best device with P2:PC61BM (1:1) showed a open circuit voltage (V-OC) of 0.88 V, a short circuit current (J(SC)) of 7.36 mA/cm(2), and fill factor (FF) of 0.63, which yield PCE of 4.17%. (C) 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.