Reduced Stark shift in three-dimensionally confined GaN/AlGaN asymmetric multiquantum disks
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Reduced Stark shift in three-dimensionally confined GaN/AlGaN asymmetric multiquantum disks
- Park, Young S.; Chan, Christopher C. S.; Reid, Benjamin P. L.; Holmes, Mark J.; Coles, David M.; Alexander-Webber, Jack A.; Nicholas, Robin J.; Taylor, Robert A.; Lee, Seung-Woong; Yang, Woochul; Im, Hyunsik
- Issue Date
- OPTICAL SOC AMER
- OPTICAL MATERIALS EXPRESS, v.5, no.4, pp.849 - 857
- The optical transitions of the three-dimensionally confined GaN/AlGaN asymmetric multi quantum disks were characterized by micro photoluminescence and time-resolved photoluminescence. Several fine emission lines, originating from the wide and narrow quantum disks, were observed around 3.7 eV from a single nanocolumn dispersed on a patterned SiO2 substrate. The photoluminescence from the wide quantum disk shifts a little with increasing excitation power, while that from the narrow quantum disk does not shift. This effect can be explained by carrier tunneling for the 3-dimensionally confined quantum disks. Kelvin probe force microscopy results confirm that the GaN/AlGaN multiquantum disks are surrounded by a GaN shell, which has a higher potential than core GaN. (C) 2015 Optical Society of Americ
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.