Extreme hydrophobicity and omniphilicity of high-aspect-ratio silicon structures
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Extreme hydrophobicity and omniphilicity of high-aspect-ratio silicon structures
- Kwak, Moon Kyu; Park, Cheol Woo; Hwang, Kwang-Il; Park, Choon Man; Jeong, Hoon Eui; Choi, Jun Ho
- Issue Date
- WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBL CO PTE LTD
- MODERN PHYSICS LETTERS B, v.29, no.6-7, pp.1540009
- We present an application of high-aspect-ratio (high-AR) silicon structures (black silicon) with high water repellency and good wettability by oils and solvents. The fabrication of black silicon consists of a deep reactive-ion etching process for extremely-high-AR silicon structures and surface treatment with C4F8 gas. Such high-AR structures were found to be highly resistant against wetting by water, but they also have good wetting characteristics with respect to certain liquids such as ethanol, hexane and mineral oil. To determine the relationship between the AR of nanostructures and wetting selectivity, four different black silicon samples with different pattern heights were used. The static contact angles of various liquid were measured for the analysis of wetting properties of the four black silicon samples. To explore feasible applications, ethanol-water separation was performed as a miniaturized experimental simulation of environmental remediation
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.