Cyclic performance of precast coupling beams with bundled diagonal reinforcement
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Cyclic performance of precast coupling beams with bundled diagonal reinforcement
- Han, Sang Whan; Lee, Chang Seok; Shin, Myoungsu; Lee, Kihak
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- ENGINEERING STRUCTURES, v.93, pp.142 - 151
- Diagonally reinforced coupling beams designed according to current codes are expected to endure significant inelastic deformations during earthquakes. However, it is very difficult to fabricate the coupling beams in a construction site due to the congestion of reinforcement and the complex arrangement of diagonal reinforcement. For resolving the problems, this study developed precast coupling beams with bundled diagonal reinforcement. To verify the effectiveness of the proposed design method, experimental tests were conducted on four 1/2-scale coupling beam specimens subjected to cyclic loading. The test results suggest that the precast coupling beams with bundled diagonal reinforcement exhibited good ductility and energy dissipation capacities similar to those having code-specified diagonal reinforcement. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.