A Hybrid Monte Carlo/Method-of-Characteristics Method for Efficient Neutron Transport Analysis
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A Hybrid Monte Carlo/Method-of-Characteristics Method for Efficient Neutron Transport Analysis
- Lee, Hyunsuk; Choi, Sooyoung; Lee, Deokjung
- Issue Date
- AMER NUCLEAR SOC
- NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, v.180, no.1, pp.69 - 85
- This paper proposes a new hybrid method combining the Monte Carlo (MC) method and the Method of Characteristics (MOC). The hybrid method employs MC and MOC together to solve a neutron transport problem. The two different methods are applied to different neutron energy ranges. The MC method is used to obtain accurate solutions in the resonance energy range, and the MOC is used for high and low neutron energy ranges to achieve high performance of the new method. The two methods are consistently coupled through scattering and fission source terms during the power iterations and group sweepings. Numerical tests with a model problem confirm that the hybrid method can produce a more accurate solution than a conventional MOC by a factor of 10 and much higher computational efficiency than a conventional MC method by a factor of 90
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.