Probing carbon isotope effects on the Raman spectra of graphene with different C-13 concentrations
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Probing carbon isotope effects on the Raman spectra of graphene with different C-13 concentrations
- Carvalho, Bruno R.; Hao, Yufeng; Righi, Ariete; Rodriguez-Nieva, Joaquin F.; Colombo, Luigi; Ruoff, Rodney S.; Pimenta, Marcos A.; Fantini, Cristiano
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.92, no.12, pp.125406 - 125406
- A resonance Raman study of graphene samples with different C-13 isotopic concentrations and using different laser excitation energies is presented. The main Raman peaks (D, G, G*, and 2D) of graphene were measured and the dependence of their frequencies on the isotope atomic mass follows a simple harmonic oscillator relation. The G* and 2D double-resonance peak positions were measured as a function of the laser energy, and we observed that the slopes of the laser energy dependence are the same independently of isotope concentration. This result shows that isotopic substitution does not alter the electron and phonon dispersions near the K point of the graphene Brillouin zone. From the linewidth of G and 2D Raman peaks, we have also obtained a dependence of the phonon lifetime on the C-13 isotope concentration
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.