Nucleation and Growth of the HfO2 Dielectric Layer for Graphene-Based Devices
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Nucleation and Growth of the HfO2 Dielectric Layer for Graphene-Based Devices
- Oh, Il-Kwon; Tanskanen, Jukka; Jung, Hanearl; Kim, Kangsik; Lee, Mi Jin; Lee, Zonghoon; Lee, Seoung-Ki; Ahn, Jong-Hyun; Lee, Chang Wan; Kim, Kwanpyo; Kim, Hyungjun; Lee, Han-Bo-Ram
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS, v.27, no.17, pp.5868 - 5877
- We investigated nucleation and growth characteristics of atomic layer deposition (ALD) HfO2 on exfoliated and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) graphene by using two Hf precursors, tetrakis(dimethylamino)hafnium (TDMAH) and hafnium tetrachloride (HfCl4). Experimental results and theoretical calculations indicate that HfO2 nucleation is more favorable on CVD graphene than on exfoliated graphene due to the existence of defect sites. Also, the TDMAH precursor showed much more unfavorable nucleation and growth than HfCl4 due to different initial adsorption mechanisms, affecting lower leakage currents and breakdown electric field. ALD growth characteristics of HfO2 will be fundamentally and practically significant for realizing the fabrication of graphene-based electronic devices
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.