Improved corrosion resistance of extruded Mg-8Sn-1Zn-1Al alloy by microalloying with Mn
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Improved corrosion resistance of extruded Mg-8Sn-1Zn-1Al alloy by microalloying with Mn
- Ha, Heon-Young; Kim, Hyeon Ju; Baek, Soo-Min; Kim, Beomcheol; Sohn, So-Dam; Shin, Hyung-Joon; Jeong, Hu Young; Park, Sung Hyuk; Yim, Chang Dong; You, Bong Sun; Lee, Jung Gu; Park, Sung Soo
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.109, pp.38 - 43
- We report that microalloying with Mn substantially enhances the corrosion resistance of extruded Mg-8Sn-1Zn-1Al alloy. The corrosion rates, measured by immersion tests in 0.6 M NaCl solution at 25 degrees C, were 4.37 and 246.72 mm y(-1) for the quaternary alloys with and without 0.1 wt% Mn, respectively. The enhanced corrosion resistance due to Mn microalloying is attributed to reduced H-2 evolution rate, attained by a change in the type of Al-containing intermetallic particles, which led to a reduction of the particles' electrcichemical nobility. (C) 2015 Acta Materialia Inc. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved
- Appears in Collections:
- UCRF_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.