Adaptive reference updating for vibration-based structural health monitoring under varying environmental conditions
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Adaptive reference updating for vibration-based structural health monitoring under varying environmental conditions
- Jin, Seung-Seop; Cho, Soojin; Jung, Hyung-Jo
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- COMPUTERS & STRUCTURES, v.158, pp.211 - 224
- In this paper, a novel adaptive principal component analysis is proposed for identifying structural damage under varying environmental conditions (i.e., both stationary and non-stationary conditions). The proposed method is based on an adaptive reference scheme in multivariate statistical analysis. One crucial advantage of the proposed method is the ability of generative learning to capture the intrinsic behavior of the normal condition. The proposed method is numerically tested with noise in measurement under environmental variations. Its performance is compared with conventional methods (i.e., the fixed reference scheme). The numerical study demonstrates the superior performance of the proposed method for structural damage detection. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.