Synthesis and Thermal Properties of Poly(phenylene sulfide-co-phenylene sulfide ketone)
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Synthesis and Thermal Properties of Poly(phenylene sulfide-co-phenylene sulfide ketone)
- Park, Lee Soon; Oh, Hyun Shik; Lee, Tae Hyung; Kim, Soon Hak; Hwang, Jin Sang
- Poly(phenylene sulfide-co-phenylene sulfide ketone)s; PPS/SK Copolymer; Thermal Properties
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY, v.6, no.5, pp.331 - 337
- Poly(phenylene sulfide-co-phenylene sulfide ketone)s (PPS/SK) were synthesized from p-dichlorobenzene (DCB)/4,4'-dichlorobenzophenone (DCBP) and p-dibromobenzene (DBB) /DCBP monomer pairs using sodium sulfide trihydrate (Na2S · 3H2O) in N-methyl-2-pyrrolidinone (NMP) solvent. The yield and molecular weight of the PPS/SK copolymers were higher with the DBB/DCBP/Na2S monomers. The copolymer composition and molecular weight of the PPS/SK copolymers were determined by an elemental (C, H, S) analysis and high temperature (210 ℃) GPC with 1-chloronaphthalene as an eluent, respectively. The molecular weight of the PPS/SK copolymers showed a maximum value at a feed ratio of [DBB]/[DCBP] = 70/30 mol%. The plot of the T(g)'s of the PPS/SK copolymers relative to the copolymer content of the DCBP repeat unit matched well with Fox equation. As the content of the DCBP unit increased in the PPS/SK copolymers, the T(g) of the PPS/SK copolymer also increased. The PPS/SK copolymers exhibited T(m)'s with all compositions at a 20 ℃/min scan rate for the DSC measurement. The eutectic point appeared to be 267.2 ℃ with 29.8 mol% DCBP units in the copolymers.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.