Long-term stability of CdSe/CdZnS quantum dot encapsulated in a multi-lamellar microcapsule
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Long-term stability of CdSe/CdZnS quantum dot encapsulated in a multi-lamellar microcapsule
- Park, Sang-Yul; Kim, Hyo-Sun; Yoo, Jeseung; Kwon, Suyong; Shin, Tae Joo; Kim, Kyungnam; Jeong, Sohee; Seo, Young-Soo
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.26, no.27, pp.275602
- We developed a novel and easy encapsulation method for quantum dots (QDs) using a partially oxidized semi-crystalline polymeric material which forms a micron-sized granule with a multi-lamellar structure from a dilute solution. The QDs were highly dispersed in the granule in such a way that they were adsorbed on the lamella with similar to 12 nm spacing followed by lamellar stacking. The QDs were heavily loaded into the granule to 16.7 wt% without aggregation, a process which took only a few minutes. We found that the quantum yield of the QDs was not degraded after the encapsulation. The encapsulated QD-silicone composite exhibited excellent long-term photo- and thermal stability with its initial photoluminescence intensity maintained after blue LED light radiation for 67 days and storage at 85 degrees C and 85% relative humidity for 119 days
- Appears in Collections:
- UCRF_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.