Electro-fluid analysis of a molten-salt electrorefiner with rotating cruciform anode baskets
Cited 6 times inCited 6 times in
- Electro-fluid analysis of a molten-salt electrorefiner with rotating cruciform anode baskets
- Kim, K. R.; Choi, S. Y.; Ahn, D. H.; Paek, S.; Lee, H. S.; Hwang, I. S.
- Uranium; Molten-salt electrorefiner; Pyrochemical nuclear waste treatment; Multiphysics model; Computational fluid dynamics; FUEL
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF RADIOANALYTICAL AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY, v.286, no.3, pp.801 - 806
- A computational fluid dynamics (CFD)-based multiphysics model of a molten-salt electrorefiner is presented for the computational electro-fluid analysis. A target model of the electrorefining cell presented here has a structure arranged concentrically with the cathode annulus surrounding a rotating cruciform anode inside it. This comprehensive approach of a multiphysics model solves the convective and diffusive transport of ionic uranium and allows for a prediction of the concentration present in the LiCl-KCl eutectic electrolyte between the electrodes at a current driven condition. The coupling of the local overpotential distribution and uranium concentration gradient makes it possible to predict the local current density distribution at the electrode surfaces
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
Electro-fluid analysis of a molten-salt electrorefiner with rotating cruciform anode baskets.pdf
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.