Computational electrochemo-fluid dynamics modeling in a uranium electrowinning cell
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Computational electrochemo-fluid dynamics modeling in a uranium electrowinning cell
- Kim, K. R.; Choi, S. Y.; Kim, S. H.; Shim, J. B.; Paek, S.; Kim, I. T.
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD); Electrochemo-fluid dynamics; Electrochemical system simulation; Uranium electrowinning
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF RADIOANALYTICAL AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY, v.299, no.1, pp.165 - 170
- A computational electrochemo-fluid dynamics model has been developed to describe the electrowinning behavior in an electrolyte stream through a planar electrode cell system. Electrode reaction of the uranium electrowinning process from a molten-salt electrolyte stream was modeled to illustrate the details of the flow-assisted mass transport of ions to the cathode. This modeling approach makes it possible to represent variations of the convective diffusion limited current density by taking into account the concentration profile at the electrode surface as a function of the flow characteristics and applied current density in a commercially available computational fluid dynamics platform. It was possible to predict the conventional current-voltage relation in addition to details of electrolyte fluid dynamics and electrochemical variables, such as the flow field, species concentrations, potential, and current distributions throughout the galvanostatic electrolysis cell
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
Computational electrochemo-fluid dynamics modeling in a uranium electrowinning cell.pdf
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.