New insight into calcium tantalate nanocomposite photocatalysts for overall water splitting and reforming of alcohols and biomass derivatives
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- New insight into calcium tantalate nanocomposite photocatalysts for overall water splitting and reforming of alcohols and biomass derivatives
- Wang, Ping; Weide, Philipp; Muhler, Martin; Marschall, Roland; Wark, Michael
- Issue Date
- American Institute of Physics Inc.
- APL MATERIALS, v.3, no.10, pp.104412
- The photocatalytic properties of different calcium tantalate nanocomposite photocatalysts with optimized phase composition were studied without the addition of any co-catalysts in the photoreforming of different alcohols including the biomass conversion by-product glycerol, as well as after modification with double-layered NiOx (Ni/NiO) co-catalyst in overall water splitting (OWS). Nanocomposite photocatalyst consisting of cubic α-CaTa2O6/orthorhombic β-CaTa2O6 coexisting phases always possesses the highest photocatalytic performance. For overall water splitting, a loading of 0.5 wt. % NiOx exhibits the best activities with stable stoichiometric H2 and O2 evolution rates.
- Appears in Collections:
- ETC_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.