ON THE DOI MODEL FOR THE SUSPENSIONS OF ROD-LIKE MOLECULES IN COMPRESSIBLE FLUIDS
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- ON THE DOI MODEL FOR THE SUSPENSIONS OF ROD-LIKE MOLECULES IN COMPRESSIBLE FLUIDS
- Bae, Hantaek; Trivisa, Konstantina
- Issue Date
- WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBL CO PTE LTD
- MATHEMATICAL MODELS & METHODS IN APPLIED SCIENCES, v.22, no.10, pp.1250027
- Polymeric fluids arise in many practical applications in biotechnology, medicine, chemistry, industrial processes, and atmospheric sciences. In this paper, the Doi model for the suspensions of rod-like molecules in a compressible fluid is investigated. The model under consideration describes the interaction between the orientation of rod-like polymer molecules on the microscopic scale and the macroscopic properties of the fluid in which these molecules are contained. Prescribing arbitrarily the initial density of the fluid, the initial velocity, and the initial orientation distribution in suitable spaces, we establish the global-in-time existence of a weak solution to our model defined on a bounded domain in the three-dimensional space. The proof relies on the construction of an approximate sequence of solutions by introducing appropriate regularization and the establishment of compactness
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.