Hydrated copper and gold monovalent cations: Ab initio study
Cited 38 times inCited 40 times in
- Hydrated copper and gold monovalent cations: Ab initio study
- Lee, Han Myoung; Min, Seung Kyu; Lee, Eun Cheol; Min, Jung-Hyun; Odde, Srinivas; Kim, Kwang S.
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS, v.122, no.6, pp.064314
- To understand the hydration phenomena of noble transition metals, we investigated the structures, hydration energies, electronic properties, and spectra of the Cu+(H3O)(1-6) and Au+ (H2O)(1-6) clusters using ab initio calculations. The coordination numbers of these clusters are found to be only two, which is highly contrasted to those of Ag+ (H2O)(n) (which have the coordination numbers of 3-4) as well as the hydrated alkali metal ions (which have the coordination numbers of similar to6). For the possible identification of their interesting hydration structures, we predict their IR spectra for the OH stretch modes. (C) 2005 American Institute of Physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.