Phospholipase D1 is located and activated by protein kinase C alpha in the plasma membrane in 3Y1 fibroblast cell
Cited 38 times inCited 36 times in
- Phospholipase D1 is located and activated by protein kinase C alpha in the plasma membrane in 3Y1 fibroblast cell
- Kim, Yong; Kim, Jung-Eun; Lee, Sang Do; Lee, Taehoon G.; Kim, Jae Ho; Park, Jong Bae; Han, Jung Min; Jang, Sung Key; Suh, Pann-Ghill; Ryu, Sung Ho
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- BIOCHIMICA ET BIOPHYSICA ACTA-MOLECULAR AND CELL BIOLOGY OF LIPIDS, v.1436, no.3, pp.319 - 330
- The subcellular location of phospholipase D1 (PLD1) and its activation by protein kinase Ca (PKC alpha) were examined by subcellular fractionation and by microscopic observation of green fluorescent protein-fused PLD1 (GFP-PLD1) or PKC alpha (GFP-PKC alpha) in fibroblastic 3Y1 cells. Major PLD1 immunoreactivity acid PKC alpha-stimulated PLD activity segregated with a plasma membrane marker, even though a significant amount was co-fractionated with markers for endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and Golgi. Upon treatment with phorbol myristate acetate (PMA), PKC alpha translocated from the cytosolic fraction to the membrane fraction to which PLD1 also localized. GFP-PLD1 was found in the plasma membrane as well as a in a perinuclear compartment consistent with ER and Golgi and in other dispersed vesicular structures in the cytoplasm, However, most of GFP-PKC alpha was translocated from the cytosol to the plasma membrane after treatment with PMA, From these results, we concluded that the plasma membrane is the major sire of PLD1 activation by PKCa in 3Y1 cells. (C) 1999 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.