Magic structures and quantum conductance of  silver nanowires
Cited 35 times inCited 31 times in
- Magic structures and quantum conductance of  silver nanowires
- Cheng, Dayong; Kim, Woo Youn; Min, Seung Kyu; Nautiyal, Tashi; Kim, Kwang S.
- G values; Theoretical analysis; Thin wires; Thinning process
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.96, no.9, pp.096104 -
- We investigate the pathway of thinning process for transient  nanowires (NWs) of Ag. The result is in good agreement with experimental observations. An unambiguous identification of the structure of a NW requires at least two views along different directions. In the cases where two views of different NW structures are practically the same for very thin NWs which pose experimental difficulty due to small signal-to-noise ratio, our theoretical analysis helps distinguish these structures. On the basis of conductance (G) calculations vis-a-vis the structure of transient NWs, the puzzling experimental observation of fractionally quantized G values is explained by considering the existence of mixed structures for thin wires.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.